The Trailer Technician is responsible for performing preventative maintenance procedures and minor repairs on flat-bed and cargo trailers. Such procedures and repairs include (but not limited to): servicing brakes, bearings, axles, wheels, suspension, electrical, minor body repairs, and inspections for preventative maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repairs and maintains flat-bed and cargo trailers to include tire mount / dismount / flat repair / pressure checks, trailer inspections / paint touchups / replacement of winch batteries and other general maintenance.
- Performs mechanical work consisting of maintenance, repair, and replacement of axles, bearings, brakes and suspension.
- Performs minor electrical work such as tracing and troubleshooting brake and lighting issues
- Custom fabricates and modifies tire mounts, couplers, trailer frame, hinges and other trailer parts
- Works in a safe manner
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
401K up to 3% match
1 week of paid vacation after 12 months of full-time employment
3 paid sick days after 90 days
Must have some knowledge or experience in the following areas:
- Trailer Bearings
- Trailer Suspension
- Trailer Brakes
- Trailer Electrical